… judged not by the colour of your skin, but by the content of your character
A website’s skin, its colour, plays second fiddle to its content. The content of a website is the wealth of a website. If you had to choose between sprucing up your website’s look and feel, or adding quality content – I strongly suggest you choose the latter.
7 Types of Website Content
Resources and services sit at the core of a website’s content offering, but only 7 types of website content are in existence and those anywhere near the dark art of building business websites needs to know all seven content classifications.
Understanding Website Content
- The 7 Types of Website Content
- Don’t Write from Start to Finish
- The 15 Second Review – Motivation
- The 15 Second Review – Execution
- Spend 90% of your time on the title
- WordPress Page or Post (Be Fresh)
Website Content Analogies
The distinction between website design and website content is exemplified by many analogies such as
- beauty being only skin deep
- being judged by the content of your character
- what lies beneath the surface
All these cultural references allude do the same thing – the design, the look and feel, the skin, can only get you so far. The content is what determines the value-add, the viability, indeed the very essence of the website.
The content is what determines the value-add, the viability, indeed the very essence of the website.